Independent Electricity Consultants (IEC) provide economic, regulatory, and business services on restructured electric power markets to a wide variety of market participants and organizations. Achieving successful outcomes requires understanding the engineering, economic, regulatory, and business components of these markets and integrating each component into a useful, timely, and understandable work product. Independent Electricity Consultants has a long and established history of surpassing our clients’ expectations.
With the heightened emphasis on renewable resources, energy efficiency, and global climate change, understanding the electricity sector and markets is more critical than ever.
- Investor-owned utilities
- Independent power producers
- Independent System Operators
- Transmission developers
- Retail load serving entities
- Major law firms
- Government agencies
- Non-profit organizations
Independent Consultants provides a range of services to our clients:
- We provide expert testimony before regulatory bodies, arbitrators, and in court.
- We conduct seminars and training sessions on understanding electricity markets in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- We prepare position papers on issues across the broad spectrum of our clients' concerns.
- We participate in regulatory and stakeholder negotiations on behalf of our clients.
- We conduct studies on market power, market performance, reliability, generation and transmission needs assessment, and other topics.
- We advise clients on energy purchasing, load forecasting, and risk management.
- We advise senior management on industry trends and regulatory and business strategy.
- We run sophisticated unit commitment and dispatch models to forecast future electricity prices.
- We analyze energy efficiency programs, renewable portfolio standards, environmental emission allowance markets, and smart grid policies.